Day 20 – 10 Daily Use English Words
1. Vortex: Noun
- Tornado is example of vortex.
- It is vortex of water.
2. Habitation: Noun
- There were signs of human habitation behind the forest.
- The habitation of monkeys in that forest has increased recently.
3. The other day:
Meaning: ఇటీవల, కొన్ని రోజులక్రితం
- I saw her the other day.
- He called her the other day.
4. Put something back: Phrasal verb
Meaning: ఒక వస్తువు ముందున్న చోటనే, దానిని తిరిగి పెట్టడం.
- She put the saree back after watching.
- He put the chair back.
- She put the sugar box back, after making tea.
5. Doze off: Phrasal verb
Meaning: పగటిపూట నిద్రపోవడం
- He dozed off in the classroom.
- He dozed off in the meeting.
6. Right away: Phrasal verb
- She needs someone to help her right away.
- You need money right away.
7. Immerse yourself in something : Phrasal verb
Meaning: ఏదో ఓ దానిలో లో మునిగిపోవడం
- She immersed herself in reading books.
- He always immerses himself in reading books.
8. Listen in on something or somebody: Phrasal verb
Meaning: రహస్యంగా వినడం
- He thinks his boss is listening in on his phone conversations.
- She hates him because if she speaks to anybody he listens in on her conversation.
9. Run after something or somebody: Phrasal verb
- Dogs run after cats.
- Cats run after rats.
10. Stop over: Phrasal verb
Meaning: ఇంటికి వచ్చే ముందు దారిలో ఒక రాత్రి ఎక్కడైన ఉండటం
- They stopped over in Hyderabad for a couple of nights on the way to Vizag.
Part – 1