Day 4 – 10 Daily Use English Words
1. Appreciate: Verb
To say thanks to someone or recognizing one’s goodness or deed.
- We really appreciate your work.
- I appreciate your help.
2. Bother: Verb
To inconvenience or to trouble or to excuse.
- Don’t bother to cook your own food.
- Sorry to bother you.
3. Recognise or Recognize: Verb
To identify someone or something.
- Her hair and dressing style made her easy to recognise.
- I recognised her when she removed mask.
4. Favour: Noun
To ask help or support.
- Can I ask you a favour?
- Aren’t you in favour of a ban on 59 Chinese apps including TikTok, Helo, UC Browser?
- He made her write a document in his favour.
5. Dust off: Verb
To clean or remove the dust on surface of something.
- I dusted off the TV, computer and their tables.
- They are dusting off the old cars and decorating them for exhibition.
6. Slice: Verb
To chop or cut something into thin and flat pieces.
- She is slicing the onions.
- He sliced carrots.
7. Fold: Verb
To bend something .
- I am folding blankets.
- She folded clothes.
8. Untidy: Adjective
Not being clean and neat and things are not in order.
- This room is untidy.
- His handwriting is untidy, he must improve his handwriting.
9. Decrease: Verb
To make something smaller in amount or size or degree.
- Air pollution has decreased substantially due to the lockdown in Hyderabad.
- Janvi, please decrease the sound of the TV.
- Vehicles sales decreased sharply this year.
10. Trash: Noun
Waste things. Not valuable.
- I am removing the trash.
- I threw away the trash.
- This serial is trash really, I have wasted my time.