Day 5 – 10 Daily Use English Words
1. Stink: Verb
- The drain is stinking.
- If you don’t wash sink, it will stink.
- This room stank of beer.
2. Burn: Verb
To destroy something by fire.
- She burned the old news papers.
- They are burning the trash.
- Trees were burned by unknown people.
3. Peel: Verb
To remove the skin of fruits and vegetables.
- He is peeling the potatoes in the kitchen.
- Did you peel the apples?
4. Goldsmith: Noun
A person who makes jewellery and objects from gold.
- He is a goldsmith.
- He is one of the best goldsmiths.
- He is from the goldsmith’s family.
5. Coppersmith: Noun
A person who makes things from copper and brass.
- He is a coppersmith.
- Coppersmiths don’t have work due to COVID-19 lockdown.
6. Author: Noun
A person who writes books, articles etc.
- He is an author.
- He is one of the best authors in the world.
7. Milkmaid: Noun
Woman who sells milk.
- She is a milkmaid.
- He is a milkman and his wife also milkmaid.
8. Soak: Verb
To leave something in liquid.
- Soak the beans in water.
- Soak your clothes in a solution of 2 cups vinegar to 2 gallon of water.
9. Strain: Verb
To filter or separate liquid food from solid food.
- After making tea, we have to strain the tea to remove the tea powder.
- Do you strain the vegetable?
- The oil in which the prawn is fried is strained off and used to cook other food.
10. Sieve: Verb
To separate smaller solids from larger solids.
- To make the rotis, sieve the wheat flour.
- Sieve the rice to separate rice farina.