Day 6 – 10 Daily Use English Words
1. Lower: Verb
- Lower the flame after 2 minutes.
- Could you lower your voice?
- His behaviour lowered his prestige.
2. Turn on: Verb
- Turn on the stove.
- They turned on the motor.
- They turn on the TV and increase sound.
3. Juicy: Adjective
Being juice and liquid.
- Chicken curry is spicy and juicy.
- It is a nice juicy mango, isn’t it?
4. Cover: Verb
To put or spread something over something.
- I am covering the pillow with pillow cover.
- The snow covered the city so people faced the problems.
- The forests cover the half country.
5. Mop: Verb
To clean with a stick which has cotton threads to end.
- She is mopping the floor in the hall.
- They mopped the whole building.
- After sweeping dust, she mopped the floor.
6. Druggist: Noun
A person who sells medicines.
- He is a druggist.
- His uncle is a druggist.
7. Pharmacist: Noun
A person who prepares medicines and sells to hospitals and shops.
- He is a pharmacist.
- Pharmacists prepare medicines very carefully.
8. Bricklayer: Noun
A person who builds walls with bricks.
- He is a bricklayer.
- Without bricklayers they cannot build this building.
9. Perfumer: Noun
A person who prepares perfumes and sells.
- Her husband is a perfumer so she presents only perfumes as gifts.
- He lives near perfumer’s house.
- He is a perfumer, he knows how to increase his business in the market.
10. Greengrocer: Noun
A person who sells fruits and vegetables.
- He is a greengrocer, his shop is at middle of the city.
- In that colony many people are greengrocers. So we can get fresh vegetables and fruits.