Day 8 – 10 Daily Use English Words
Day 8 – 10 Daily Use English Words [hide]
- 1. Sufficient: Adjective
- 2. Familiar: Adjective
- 3. Pretend: Verb
- 4. Charlatan: Noun
- 5. Slurp: Verb
- 6. Sob: Verb
- 7. Snore: Verb
- 8. Sniffle: Verb
- 9. Hum: Verb
- 10. Fart: Verb
1. Sufficient: Adjective
- This food is sufficient for whole family members.
- This money is sufficient for our project.
- We have sufficient resources to proceed further.
2. Familiar: Adjective
Knew very well before.
- I am familiar to this street but I have ever come before here.
- I saw two familiar faces among the crowd.
- She does not like to be too familiar with her colleagues.
3. Pretend: Verb
To act or behave something is true that is not.
- The children pretended that they were elephants.
- She pretends that she has not seen him before.
4. Charlatan: Noun
A person who pretends to have knowledge that he does not have.
- She is charlatan.
- Charlatan sold us useless medicines.
- You should not believe the charlatan.
5. Slurp: Verb
To make loud sound while drinking or eating.
- He always slurps soup.
- You should not slurp soup, it irritates others.
6. Sob: Verb
To cry taking in short breaths.
- Girl is sobbing.
- His sister is sobbing.
- Burying his face in blanket, he began to sob.
7. Snore: Verb
To breathe in noisy while sleeping.
- His uncle is snoring, we are not getting sleep.
- He snores so loudly, it keeps them awake at night.
- She was snoring loudly.
8. Sniffle: Verb
To cry on the inside.
- I heard his sniffling.
- He is sniffling.
9. Hum: Verb
To sing by closing the mouth.
- He always hums while bathing.
- I love that song, can you please hum it for me?
- Please stop humming, it is disturbing me.
10. Fart: Verb
To release the gas through the anus.
- This room is stinking, somebody forted.
- You are farting from the morning, I cannot be here.
- I don’t understand what he eats, he farts all day.