Day 9 – 10 Daily Use English Words
Day 9 – 10 Daily Use English Words [hide]
- 1. Tremble: Verb
- 2. Worn off: verb
- 3. Worn out: Verb
- 4. Stir: Verb
- 5. Sniff: Verb
- 6. Scream: Verb
- 7. Inhale: Verb
- 8. Exhale: Verb
- 9. Dress up: Phrasal verb
- 10. Wring: Verb
1. Tremble: Verb
To shiver or shake with fear, excitement, disease etc. Things to shake with short movements.
- The train bogies were trembling before an accident.
- Her voice was trembling while giving speech.
- They are trembling with earth quake.
- He was trembling with fear.
2. Worn off: verb
To become dirty.
- My clothes were worn off.
- Your uniform is worn off, what will you wear to go to school?
- They missed in the forest for the past two months, their dresses were worn off.
3. Worn out: Verb
To get torn (clothes, cloths etc).
- My clothes were worn out, I should buy new clothes.
- Her sari was worn out while she was getting off the bus.
- My kerchief was worn out. I have to buy new kerchief.
4. Stir: Verb
To mix with object.
- Stir curry with ladle.
- Stir the sugar, water and flour with rubber spatula.
- Painter stirred the two thick paints in a bucket.
5. Sniff: Verb
To find smell, to sense smell.
- Her dog sniffed her shoes.
- She sniffs kerosene, it is her habit.
6. Scream: Verb
Crying out loud.
- The old man screamed when he fall down.
- When we were in the forest, we heard some animal screaming.
- The lady in the painting is screaming.
7. Inhale: Verb
To breathe in.
- If we go to forest, we can inhale pure air.
- After inhaling the leaked gas from the factory they went to unconscious.
- She died after inhaling the poisonous gas.
8. Exhale: Verb
To breathe out.
- Swamiji holds his breath for ten minutes and then exhales.
- He exhaled cigarette smoke.
9. Dress up: Phrasal verb
To wear special dress for a special occasion.
- We are going to marriage, you must dress up.
- You don’t dress up to go to park.
- The boy dressed up as a military man on the occasion of Independence Day.
10. Wring: Verb
To squeeze and twist something to bring out the liquid.
- Wash your clothes and wring them.
- After wringing your clothes, hang them on washing line.
- Wring your towel and dry it.