Last Updated on
A tired bird once landed on a branch and protected itself from dangerous animals. As it used to enjoy and had the safety and support offered by the branch, one day a strong wind started blowing in such a way that the branch is about to break into half.
But even then, the bird didn’t worry for it knew two important points.
- First truth: Even without the branch it can fly and can remain safe with the power of its own wings.
- Second truth: It also knew that there are many other branches upon which it can rest to protect it.
Moral: This small story tells us a lot about our own self-confidence and courage. We are capable of so much more than we realize in everyday life. Hence, we must understand and realise how far we can fly with our own power.That means we must believe in one’s own capabilities.
Are you pulled back in every aspect of your life due to lack of confidence? DON’T WORRY…Here is the solution…!
Self-Confidence: The very first step for Self-Confidence is to ‘Know Yourself’.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is a fool – Shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, is ignorant – Teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, is asleep – Wake him.
He who knows and knows he knows, is wise – Follow him.
Assess yourself in which stage you are.
Then follow the below few tips to boost your self-confidence which can put you back on to track.
- Look at your positives rather than your negatives – This boosts your confidence that you are also capable of doing some good things. Action is to correct negatives and move ahead.
- Consider your capabilities – If you attempt things beyond your capacity, they will yield negative results which ultimately push you into lower levels of confidence. Action is to match your jobs/tasks with your capabilities and it reaps positive results.
- Select a role model – Let your area be anything. Follow a role model in your area and perform accordingly. As you are following them, you are sure to do right things and do things right too. This yields successful results.
- Know what others know about you – Ask your friends what they like or dislike about you. Sustain your good ones and start working on areas to be improved.
- Set attainable goals – Your goal or aim should be an attainable or achievable one but not an imaginary or impossible one.
- Be competent but not comparative – Don’t compare yourself with others and degrade yourself. Because capabilities of others in doing a task will be different from yours.Instead of comparing try to becompetent to do anything.
- Give weightage to Achievements – Focus on how you achieved rather and motivate yourself for the next task. This enables you to get the right outcome even next time too.
Hope this gives a lot of insights on boosting your Self-Confidence….!